Latest update on 22-05-2018
Biodiversity Inventory for Conservation (BINCO) NPO values the protection of your personal data and acknowledges that your privacy will be respected.
This entails that we:
- will limit any processing of your personal data to the minimum that is required for its purpose;
- will explicitly ask for your permission when this is required in order to process your personal data;
- have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure full protection of your personal data;
- will not disclose any personal data to third parties, unless the completion of their function necessitates this;;
- are aware of your rights regarding your personal data and we would like to inform you about these rights and clearly state that we respect them.
Biodiversity Inventory for Conservation NPO
Why we process personal data
Your personal data are processed by BINCO NPO in order to serve the following purposes and legal bases:
- To contact (paying) members
- To contact participants of activities and events organised by BINCO NPO
- To fill in organisational notes and volunteering registers
- To send newsletters and invitations of activities and events organised by BINCO NPO
Regarding abovementioned purposes we could ask and store the following personal data:
- Personal identity data: name, surname, address, telephone number, email address
- Identity data issued by the government: identity card number, national insurance number
- Personal characteristics: gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality
We use the collected data exclusively for the purpose we initially requested them for.
Disclosing data to third parties
BINCO NPO will never deliver personal data to third parties.
We make use of PayPal to process donations made by credit cards as well as other payment methods. These payment systems collect and save some of your personal data. In order to learn more on how they process your data, you can consult the companies’ Privacy Policies.
BINCO NPO will store personal data only for as long as its purpose or the law requires it. Personal data are stored for a maximum of 5 years after their last use.
Protection of the data
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure full protection of your personal data against unlawful processing. As such, we have taken the following measures:
- All individuals who have access to your personal data on behalf of BINCO NPO are bound to confidentiality.
- We adopt a username and password policy in all our systems.
- We make regular back-ups of the personal data so they can be recovered in case of a physical or technical incident.
- We test and evaluate our security measures on a regular basis.
- Our collaborators are informed about the importance of the protection of your personal data.
Your rights regarding your data
Additionally, you have the right to request the transfer of your own data back to you or to a third party. In this case, we will ask you to legitimize yourself before proceeding with the request.
If you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us immediately. Additionally, you always have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commission; they are the independent authority dealing with anything regarding privacy protection.
BINCO NPO also adheres to a policy regarding the cookies that are being used on this website. This policy, including a list of the cookies in use can be consulted here.